Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Relay For Life 2009 Shelton

This past weekend we celebrated the hope for curing cancer with Shelton's Relay for Life. We woke up bright and early Saturday morning packed up the Jeep and trailer with all our goodies to spend the night outdoors. There was enough stuff to survive in the wilderness for about a month and that's with Maggie packing light for one night,ha ha. We had tables, chairs, a tent, a pop-up tent, grill and much more. All the stuff we brought ended up being used for the most part at least. In all it was a great time for a great cause. I believe the total raised was roughly $89,000 so yippee :)

Here's some photos from the event..



One side of the field.


The other side.

This is where I was taking these Ariel photos from during the opening ceremony and first lap for survivors.


This is Shelton's 95 foot Ladder Truck that they were kind enough to let me get a birds eye view from, it was great to be up there with just me, my camera, and some nice wind :)


The Opening Ceremony.


State Rep. Jason Perillo and Echo Hose Ambulance Assistant Chief Joe Laucella give a few words during the opening ceremony. They were the chairs that ran the Relay last year.


There was this huge American Flag on display from the bucket of the Ladder. Trust me I knew it was there, every time a gust of wind came it was like being on a roller coaster, haha. The height is not to bad, kinda like being on a step-stool in your kitchen ;)


I had to make sure the bucket was going to support my weight.


The sky cleared up and it turned out to be an awesome day!!


So as I was taking photos from above Maggie was on the ground shooting away, after I got home and started going through my images it was a little like playing a game of "Where's Maggie", she was popping up in a bunch of them :)




People were having a great time, some just relaxing and taking in the sights, sun, and entertainment, while others were in a small dance competition, lol.




Maggie telling me what she really thinks of me, haha ;)


So a few years ago I was huge into riding motorcycles, so a friend of mine had his bike down and I decided it was time to go for a little ride and I swear (fingers crossed) I only went the speed limit, wore a helmet, and did not do any wheelies.


The Band Big Ugly rocked the stage for a while and really got the audience going.


Dom here is a funny a$$ guy, I worked with Dom back when I was working for AMR and anytime I worked with him I would go home with my sides hurting from laughing all day. This was actually the first time I have ever seen him perform with the band and they were great.






The day was filled with all kinds of different things going on, after Big Ugly was done the next set up was some Irish Step dancers.


The Luminaries were breath taking, but I really wish Echo left the ladder truck this Image would of looked so awesome from 100 feet in the air.


What a great time with great friends and family for a wonderful cause. The night hours were very peaceful into the next morning. Make sure you come out and join us next year ;)

-J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great event. Charity rocks!

Abbey Saloiye
www.collages.net