Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Dog Frankie

So Jason and I have been trying to get our house clean and ready for a PUG meeting that we are hosting at our house on Wednesday! For those of you that do not know what PUG is it stands for Pictage Users Group, but basically it is a group of professional photographers from CT that get together for monthly meetings. Its an awesome group of people and we always look forward to the meetings. But I am getting a head of my self! Lets step back a little bit, so getting the house ready for 30+ people is no easy task, the house needed touch up paint, the bathroom needed to be painted and the office needed to be cleaned. Now for 2 people living in a house you would think this would be a quick and easy task!

Well, Meet Frankie the one that will make this task not so easy!!!

So this is our sweet, lovable, adorable dog Frankie, our 7 year old rottie!! Frankie is really more like a member of our family and Jay and I definitely consider him more like a son then a dog! So Frankie thinks of cleaning as a personal obstacle course that he needs to maneuver. So, for example when I cleaned under the couch and took his toys and put them into Frankie's bedroom, he though ohhh this is fun lets bring all the toys back in to the living room!! Anyway this game lasted a good half hour, until finally I gave up. Then I needed to mop the floors so I tried to barricade the kitchen and then the living room so that Frankie could not get in. WRONG, Frankie thought ohh mom made me an obstacle course and ohh look at the bubbles!!! So Frankie walked back and forth as if doing some recon and then as soon as I was just about finished mopping and thinking Yes I kept the dog out! Frankie, jumped over the Ottoman, squeezed between the chairs and then stealthy crawled under the table and before I knew it there were paw prints all over my newly mopped floor and then in trying to get him out of the room he got out and just looked at me with those big puppy dog eyes that just said What Mom, don't you know i love you!! And now the dog i tried to keep out of the kitchen was free and I was stuck behind the great wall of the henriques house hold so I couldn't even be mad at him because I couldn't get out!
Then the icing on the cake, was when we had a good friend of ours over to help us with some spackling and painting later that day. Well, as the evening pogressed we kept noticing spots of spackle all over the house, on the walls, on the carpet and on the couches. So Jay, Joe and I were all continuously checking each other because we figured it had to be one of us because every time Frankie walked by he had no noticeable paint or spackle on him. Well, turns out, Frankie found the spackle cover in the garbage and spackle was all over his butt and his back paws. So we had found our spackle culprit! Well in our quest to chase him outside so we can clean him up. He brushed against the newly painted bathroom walls and now our dog was covered in spackle and blue paint we just needed to figure out how to mount him to the wall as a piece of art.
Well it has been a crazy few days and now Frankie is all cleaned and we can get back to re painting and re cleaning the house!!! But it will all be worth it when the house is finally clean!!! ;0) and for those of you with pets you know that the house is never clean. hehehehe
~Maggie

No comments: